Vinyl flooring can withstand a lot of abuse, which is why it is used in high-traffic areas like the kitchen, entryway, and the bathroom. Research shows that vinyl flooring has outperformed all other products in the UK floor coverings market. Even though these floors are known for their resilience and durability, you need to take proper precautions when removing stains off vinyl sheet flooring.
The best part about vinyl flooring is that it’s extremely easy to clean; for stubborn stains, all you need is a damp mop and a mixture of warm water and vinyl cleaner.
Here are some tips on how to clean your vinyl floors:
- Wipe spills using plain water as soon as they appear to prevent stains.
- First, dry mop or vacuum the floor to remove hair, dust, and dirt.
- Then, move on to a damp mop and a mixture of warm water and vinyl cleaner. While there are many commercial vinyl floor cleaners available in the market, you can easily create a simple and effective cleaner at home by mixing hot water and apple cider vinegar. The vinegar is used to remove the dirt build-up without leaving a soapy film on the floor.
- When using the DIY cleaner, make sure to rinse your mop frequently with hot, clean water.
- You can add a few drops of liquid dishwashing soap to the mixture for some extra cleaning power. For a deep cleaning session, mop the floors first with the dishwashing soap mixture and then with the vinegar and water mixture.
- Remove stains from acidic substances like wine, fruit juice or tomato sauce with a paste of water and baking soda. Use a soft towel to lift the stain. Then clean the baking soda residue with water and vinegar.
- Use rubbing alcohol and a soft-bristle brush for tough stains from ink, paints or lipsticks. Make sure not to use abrasive brushes; they can easily scratch the floor.
Don’t forget preventive care when cleaning your vinyl floors. Here’s what you should know:
- Always use white cloth when using a cleaning solution to avoid colour bleed.
- Test all chemicals and cleaners in an inconspicuous area in your house like the closet to ensure that it won’t discolour the floor.
- Never use bleach on rust stains—especially undiluted—since it can discolour and oxidize the floor.
- Ventilate the area and keep rags soaked in alcohol away from open flames or pilot lights.
If you’re looking for top-quality vinyl flooring solutions in a wide range of effects and colours, you’ve come to the right place!
At Flooring King Limited, we carry a variety of categories for vinyl ranging from commercial and non-slip vinyl to homogenous vinyl. Shop our flooring products at great prices. We have everything from luxury vinyl tiles to laminate flooring!
Get in touch with us today for more information.